Let’s Backup our Entire Outlook 2016 Email, Contacts and Calendar Appointments to .PST file for Archive or Recovery Later.
– In Outlook Choose File
– Select Open & Export
– Then Select Import/Export
– In the Import and Export Wizard choose “Export to a File and Click Next
– In Create a file of type select “Outlook Data File (.pst)” and click Next
– Choose the very top “Outlook Data File” Above “Inbox” to select everything in Outlook including your Email Folders, Contacts and Calendar Appointments and ensure the “Include sub folders” is checked before clicking Next
– Now, browse a location on your Hard Drive, since I have the Google Drive Sync Utility, I will save it in there for safekeeping.
Give you backup a name, I’m just keeping as backup for now, and click ok, then Finish
– I don’t want to password protect the Data File so I click Ok
Now you can share your .pst file with your Administrator or SaskTech Client Success Manager to Restore the data into your Google Apps for Work Account; Or watch the Next Video on how we will use the Google Apps Migration for Microsoft Outlook (GAMMO) Tool to do this.